Vancoufur is an entirely volunteer organization and we are always in need of dedicated furs who want to help Vancoufur be the best it can be! Be it helping attendees figure out where to go or how to navigate, to working behind the stage or helping set up panel rooms, to registering attendees or answering questions on social media, there’s something for everyone! Its also okay if you don’t know what you want to do yet, we can help you find a place to get started and grow from there.
Volunteering is also a great way to meet other local furs in the community while also contributing to great causes like raising money for charity and getting to see behind the scenes of the events that bring our community together. We could not run the events we do without our amazing volunteers!
If you can spare some time and whatever talents you have to help Vancoufur happen we are eager to meet you! Just fill out the volunteer form by clicking the button below and we will get in touch with you! Also, consider joining our discord so you can keep in touch. Have questions? Ask them on our discord, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the links below to learn more about the departments and what they do so you can get an idea of where you might like to see yourself doing while volunteering for VF 2023
- Meet new friends and people in the community!
- Staff Block for the Main Hotel** – Staff get priority booking through the staff block at the main hotel*
(** only guaranteed for those who sign up early and are hired prior to hotel opening, limited availability. Conditions apply.)
- Free Parking at Event Venue – Limited free parking available for volunteers
- Yearly Staff Gift – A special gift to remember the con
- Staff Pin – An enamel pin themed for the year worked
- Fancy Staff Badge – Staff badges are separate than con badges. They are usually somewhat fancy, like they glow, or are otherwise designed to stand out. Every year is unique.
- Staff Badge Ribbon – A badge ribbon to put on your con badge.
- Eligible for Staff awards – Each year, a number of awards are given out to outstanding staff to recognize exemplary work and dedication to the con.
- At-con staff lounge access – At con there is a room available for free food, snacks, rest, and showers for our volunteers.
- Letters of Volunteer hours for students available – We will write letters of volunteer hours for student volunteers, or anyone who requests them.
- Free admission to the 2025 event – Must accumulate at least 16 hours of volunteering time (pre and at con), and you will get a free admission to the next year’s event. Why next year? So if you do not want to volunteer the following year, you can enjoy your con without worrying about volunteering.
- Food vouchers/coupons – Coupons for discounts or gift certificates for food, based on hours worked. Prioritized for volunteers who work long hours and cannot get to the staff room.
- Front of the line token – A token that grants the user front-of-the-line access to a singular panel or event. So volunteers can be sure they get into that one event they came for, awarded based on hours worked.
- Learn new skills – Get experience in areas you might be interested in, or learn new skills.
VancouFur recognizes that the legal age of majority in BC is 19. If you aren’t quite 19 yet but still want to help, you can! You may be restricted from some positions, but every hand helps! Parents, if you want to volunteer with your kids, we can always use your help too!
- Minors aged 15 to 18 can volunteer for VancouFur without parental consent.
- Minors aged 13 to 17 are not eligible to volunteer as department Leads or Executives and cannot be assigned volunteer duties that require working past 22:00 or assisting with and/or badge checking for restricted content or events marked adult or 18+.
- Minors aged 13 to 14 need parental consent to volunteer, please have your parents fill out this volunteer consent form.
- Minors aged 13 to 14 cannot be assigned volunteer duties that require the handling of monetary transactions.
- Children age 12 and under are not permitted to volunteer.
Parents wanting to volunteer who are attending with children age 12 or under are welcome to volunteer with their kids so long as the parent is able to maintain adequate supervision of their children at all times, and having the children present doesn’t unnecessarily disrupt the event or task being volunteered for.