Think you got what it takes to dance with the best? Got a routine you’ve perfected that’ll win over everyone’s hearts?
Show us what you got!
“Ok, so what are the rules?”
This years competition will feature some familiar rules:
- All competitors must have at least a fursuit head to participate. A partial suit or full suit is even better.
- All previous winners are eligible to compete
- Judges are not eligible to compete (but may show off some awesome dance moves for us)
- Maximum song length 2 mins (120 seconds)
- Applicants may perform in groups but will be judged based on their synergy
- Please submit your application before 11:59pm Pacific Feb 28th, otherwise you may be subject to a waiting list. Advance sign up contestants have priority.
- Applicants must submit their music before 11:59 Pacific March 1, 2023.
- If you are signing up at con, you MUST attend the Fursuit Dance Competition rehearsal and provide your music on a USB stick. No streaming is available.
- Please show up 15 mins early prior to the competition to ensure your participation.
- Participants must attend the rehearsal in order to participate
- Songs selections must not contain excessive profanity or explicit lyrics. Email email@example.com with your song if you are uncertain as this event is PG 13.
- Songs that are copyrighted may end up muted on twitch or youtube, pick your music with that in mind.
- Songs submitted in advance must match the version/song submitted at the competition
You will be graded on each of these categories:
- Technique – Style, Choreography and Creativity
- Character – Projection, Expression and Emotion through Movement/Fursuit
- Entertainment – Overall Enjoyment of your performance for judge and audience
TIP: Please take note that judges have been instructed that bonus points will be given to those using fursuit footpaws.
Have a question about the competition? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject “Fursuit Dance Competition”