YOU ASKED - WE GOT YOU COVERED!
The VancouFur 2020 Party Floor is BACK!
If you want to host a party on the party floor you must apply!
Please read the rest of the page on a Room Party Guide - as well as the Code of Conduct.
ROOM PARTY GUIDE
How can you prepare for your room party? Plan, plan, and plan some more! You don’t want to be left with any surprises along the way.
Follow us on social media for any news and join our chats so you can stay informed of anything that may affect you. Compose shopping and packing lists and recruit any help you may need.
Are you going to put up decorations? Make sure to check out printing costs or create your own with poster board and markers. Purchase blue painters’ tape, table clothes, garbage bags, and paper towels. Even if you don’t serve food or drink, think ahead for people who might bring items into your party from another party, a restaurant, the concession stand, or Consuite.
Will your party have a theme? What kind of snazzy name and description do you want, and what kind of decorations or activities go with that? You will need to make a list of the equipment and preparations. Make sure that your efforts are realistic and most importantly feasible for your finances, resources, and manpower available. We want you to have fun, too!
YOU MAY NEED
- Serving utensils and plates/bowls
- Scratch paper
- Spare pens
- Black markers
- Food preparation equipment
- Cooler for ice or small refrigerator (the hotel may have one for rent)
- Door stop
- Stereo or PA system
- Projector and projector screen
- Blu-ray or DVD player, or a game console
- Blue Painters’ Tape
- Tablecloths or other protect material for surfaces and floors
- Trash bags
When purchasing supplies factor in the number of attendees you estimate would attend your party and out of those, how many would eat or drink and how much you would serve them.
Guide brought to you by: Furry Migration
PARTY FLOOR CODE OF CONDUCT
- Once received, applications will be reviewed by the Party Ambassador and Convention Staff. If approved, you will be contacted using the email you provided.
- There are a limited number of these rooms. We approve them on a case by case basis in the order they are received. Wait listed applicants may be contacted later if a spot opens up. Please do not send duplicate requests as this will not change your original position in the queue.
- All parties approved for the Party Floor must be open to the public.
- Hosts must never leave their occupied room unattended.
- Only use painters tape for hanging decorations.
- Use common sense, do not hang anything on sprinkler heads.
- Rooms should be cleaned daily. Remember to tip housekeeping well.
- Please do not leave loads of garbage for housekeeping to bag up and haul away. Ops can help you locate garbage bags if needed, and provide direction to where garbage can be properly disposed on the hotel property.
- Every party floor room must still follows regular hotel policies. Extremely high volumes that could reach beyond the party floor may still generate noise complaints, and may result in a warning from the hotel.
- Smoking/vaping is not permitted in any guest rooms, including balconies. Party hosts are responsible for ensuring that party guests are not smoking or vaping in their rooms. If the hotel receives reports of smoking or vaping in rooms, significant fines may be imposed. You have been warned!
- Alcohol is only to be consumed by those over 19 years of age. Hosts are responsible to check ID and monitor their room to ensure that no minors consume alcohol.
- You are completely responsible for your room and anything that happens inside it. By agreeing to this form, you acknowledge that you (the applicant) accept full responsibility for your guestroom upon approval.