How do I apply for a table?
Why do you need my real name?
We strive to do our best to accommodate every need and concern of our attendees. However, due to the controlled nature of sales and commerce, we require the inclusion of your legal first and last name as it appears on your government ID. Additionally, we need to have it on file should government, police, or medical personnel require it. Your legal name will only be used on a strictly need-to-know basis and will not be shared with any staff members for identification purposes unless absolutely necessary.
What can I sell in the Dealer's Den?
Vendors must sell only items which they are legally entitled to sell. Please be aware that if you have pirated, or materials that infringe copyright in an illegal manner we will require you to remove the items from your table.
You are encouraged to sell your artwork, handmade items, merchandise with your artwork/creations on them, and items intended for resale. The sale of food or drink items in the Dealer’s Den OR Artist’s Alley is prohibited to be in compliance with Hotel/Catering agreements and policy.
We have some firm rules regarding adult material - considered any material depicting sexual and violent imagery - in our dealer’s den for 2019.
- Any material (art, sculpture, and literature) containing extremely violent and/or sexually explicit depictions must not be accessible to anyone under 18 years old.
- Adult material must be kept in closed binders/folders/bins that are clearly marked as adult.
- Adult art in progress must be as concealed as possible from public view.
- Dealers are required to monitor their adult materials to ensure minors are not viewing them (please check government issued ID) and must be aware of the persons behind the person's browsing their materials may be a minor. Adult material in binders must have explicit portions censored.
- Dealers are required to check Government issued identification when exhibiting adult materials. Convention badges are not a valid picture ID and cannot be used to confirm an attendee's age.
- For Adult Sculpture, we recommend a binder of photographs to showcase and simultaneously censor explicit portions. Examples are available on request.
Dealers found in non-compliance with these rules will be asked to rectify the problem. If on follow-up the problem persists, the dealer may be ejected from the Dealer's Den without compensation.
How are tables approved?
Vancoufur's Dealer's Den applications are reviewed by a committee of Vancoufur staff and community members in an effort to fill the Den with a wide variety of exciting, diverse merchandise. Judging is based on the following criteria:
- Variety of merchandise
- Merchandise available at-con vs. post-con
Preference is given to full-table vendors with complete portfolios depicting products that will be sold at-con, and those with on-theme variants. Having less-common styles and products is also an asset. Selling something that can be picked up at-con vs. only take home commissions and online sales is a plus.
The majority of our tables are filled by the selection committee; if need be, the remaining tables are filled by a random number generator lottery of the remaining applications. The table count for the Dealer’s Den will be adjusted according to interest.
The selection committee will review submissions once received from the time they open at 12:00PM Pacific Time on Friday, August 17th, to Monday, August 27th at 11:59PM Pacific time. Applicants will be notified by Wednesday, September 5th if they were accepted or waitlisted.
What happens if I don't get a table?
Dealers who do not receive a table will be put on a waiting list, broken down by their panel remarks and time of application. Wait listed dealers will be contacted for a table as soon as a spot opens up. If no response is received within two days, the table will be forfeited and the next waitlisted applicant will be contacted.
Can I request a specific location in the Den?
While we are not able to promise a specific location for your Dealer's table, there iis a section for requests in our DD application. Please fill out this portion if you would like to be sitting next to another vendor, or have specific corridor accesses (priority given to those with mobility difficulties) and we will do our best to accommodate your request. There are no guarantees that we will be able to accommodate every request, but we will do our best.
Is electricity and/or Wi-Fi available?
We will do our best to provide electricity to your table. Please indicate in the online form if you require electricity for your table. There will be free Wi-Fi vouchers given to dealers in our Den; dealers can purchase additional vouchers for a donation to our charity.
We look forward to seeing you at the convention!