Vancoufur is proud to support  BC SPCA Wild Animal Rehabilitation Centre (Wild ARC) as our 2020 charity

Established in 1997 and located on Vancouver Island, Wild ARC provides care to injured, sick, orphaned and distressed wild life based on modern rehabilitation standards and the animal's natural history with the goal of releasing animals back into the wild. Human activity affects over 80 percent of animals in Wild ARC's care, and so they aim to reduce this impact, educate the public about wildlife, animal welfare, and co-existing responsibly with nature. Wild ARC is a non-profit wildlife rehabilitation centre that relies on donations from the community and compassionate people to save wild lives.

Last year Wild ARC treated 2,801 animals last year alone, and has treated over 37,500 animals in the past two decades.If you would like to know more about the number and types of injuries they treat, check out their stats-at-a-glance. Of the species treated and rehabilitated 70 percent are birds, with the remaining 30 percent comprising of various mammals, with the occasional amphibian or reptile. Wild ARC treats over 140 different species each year with a highly dedicated staff of professional rescuers that provide the specialized care these animals need.

All money raised will go to Wild ARC to help support them in their mission to rehabilitate wildlife and continue saving lives. Help us help the animals!

How you can help

We need your help to raise money for our charity! You do not need to be attending Vancoufur to help, and there are many ways you can participate in our charity efforts:

  • If you are an artist or creator, please consider donating  an item to our Charity auction. Even if you won't be attending Vancoufur, we can still arrange to have your item in the auction! Just contact our charity lead at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. to arrange your donation.
  • If you are an attendee, you can donate through one of our Charity Events which will be happening through the con, bid on items at our charity auction, or donate directly at the charity table.
  • If you aren't able to attend Vancoufur, but still want to donate directly to support our charity we have a "Non Attending" Membership of $15 that goes directly to our charity which can be purchased through the registration portal.
  • If you cannot donate, consider volunteering to help the charity team at con, either by running a fundraising panel, or helping charity at-con. To volunteer, just fill out the form here and let us know you want to help with charity.